- What are the First Artifact types?
- Related Articles
What are the First Artifact types?
- There are 8 types in total.
- Specific buffs for each hero (see links below for a list).
- The First Artifact is a very important buff in this game.
- Unlike the second and third artifacts, which increase the status of the hero, the First Artifact does not always activate, but it has a large effect and can greatly influence the flow of the battle.
About the First Artifact and Pure damage
- Basically, all of them are buffs that involve physical or Magical attacks.
- However, the physical and Magical attack buffs affect the basic status of the damage calculation.
- However, the physical and Magical attack buffs affect the base value of the damage calculation, so they can be used to enhance skills that Pure Damage or barrier skills that prePure Damage.
- Which buff is more effective, Physical attack buff or Magical attack buff, depends on the skill. Therefore, the skill description should be read according to its purpose (e.g., Yasmin is Physical attack dependent, while Iris is Magical attack dependent).
- Armor buffs and Dodge buffs are indirectly effective against skills thatPure Damage in proportion to the amount of physical damage.
Armor (MAX +32,040)
- Reduces Physical attacks. Armor 3,000 halves damage.
- Armor is divided by Armor penetration. Stacking is also effective.
- In addition to stacking, the strategy of using two frames to fight so as not to lose the armor buff is also frequently used. The double tank formation often used to counter Dante’s tank has such a meanin.
- Pure Damage and magic damage cannot be reduced.
- Double armor of Astaroth + Martha is most frequently used.
Magic Defense (MAX +32,040)
- Anti-magic version of armor. Damage halved at 3,000 magic defense.
- Magic Defense is divided by Magic penetration. Stacking is also effectiv.
- Pure Damage and physical damage cannot be reduced.
- In many cases, magic protection depends on Isaac and Rufus’ skills. Therefore, less important than armor buffs.
Physical attack (MAX +21,357)
- Adds Physical attack.
- It also affects skills that depend on Physical attack (Nebula, Fafnir’s buff, etc.).
- Physical attacks have a lower effect of this buff, due to the higher damage counts of each hero’s skills.
Magical attack (MAX +32,040)
- Adds magic attack.
- It also affects skills that depend on Magical attack (Celeste’s recovery alienation, Martha’s recovery, etc.).
- Celeste is special, lasts only 4.5 seconds, but activates at half gauge; +64,080 is possible with 2 hits in a row. When combined with other heroes, it can add 100,000 magic attacks to the instantaneous firepower.
Dodge (MAX +8,898)
- Nullifies Physical attacks by comparison with the opponent’s main status.
- Dodge does not work against pure damage and magic attacks.
- If the overlap succeeds three or more times, it becomes almost impossible to hit the target. Practicality is demonstrated by employing Purple Cain as a patron pet.
- It is effective even for characters who do not have the status of Dodge by nature. In such a case, the base value will be 0, but successful Dodge can also be aimed at when stacked.
- Due to its nature, it is a late bloomer compared to other buffs. It is important to maximize it at once.
Critical hit chance (MAX+8,898)
- Double the physical damage compared to the opponent’s main status.
- Critical does not applPure Damage and magic attacks.
- Inherently effective against heroes who do not have critical status. Note, however, that the base value is 0, so the activation rate will be low. Keira and Dante’s fast attack formation takes advantage of this.
- Due to the nature of double damage, it is prone to be accompanied by stun. This property also has a certain effect on Dodge blocking, especially for evasive heroes.
- In the past, some said that a moderate activation rate was easy to defend against, as the Helios would intercept it when it reached critical. However, due to its importance in guild raids and the substantial downward revision of Helios implemented in late 2022, this opinion has become even more minor.
- Incidentally, the critical hit occurs after the hit decision. Therefore, this buff is also practically null and void if it is evaded.
- If the critical rate is increased by Jet or Sebastian’s skills, this buff will be added to the critical rate, and the activation rate will be further increased.
- While this buff is in effect, even non-critical heroes are eligible for critical-enhancing skills (mainly Sebastian).
- Great late bloomer following Dodge.
Armor penetration (MAX +32,040)
- Subtracts damage division to Physical attacks by the opponent’s armor.
- Damage is halved with 3,000 armor, but if Armor penetration is 3,000, armor is treated as 0, and HP can be reduced by the amount of Physical attacks.
- Note that even if Armor penetration is high, Armor will not be reduced below 0. Usually, only one slot is reserved.
- Note that this AF only improves Armor penetration and does not affect magic damage and pure damage.
- It is effective even for heroes like Yasmin who do not originally have Armor penetration, and it is highly combinative.
- Incidentally, the opponent may have a skill or adventure buff that generates 100% Physical attack disable. In such a case, no matter how much Armor penetration is applied, no damage can be inflicted and this buff will be nullified.
Magic penetration (MAX +32,040)
- Subtracts the damage division to magic attacks by the opponent’s magic defense.
- Damage is halved with a magic defense of 3,000, but if the Magic penetration is 3,000, the magic defense is treated as 0, and the HP can be reduced by the amount of magic attacks.
- Note that even if the Magic penetration is high, the magic defense will not be less than 0. Usually, only one slot is reserved for this AF.
- Note that this AF improves only Magic penetration and does not affect physical damage and pure damage.
- This AF is effective even for heroes like Helios and Jorgan, who originally do not have Magic penetration, and it is highly combinative.
- Incidentally, the opponent may have a skill or adventure buff that generates 100% magic attack disable. In such a case, no matter how much Magic penetration is done, no damage can be inflicted and this buff will be nullified.